Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Crashed

• Please log in to reply

angryamerican

angryamerican

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Today my comptuer crashed out of nowhere. I was playing a game and then it justed turned off. the Computer will now turn on, but will not boot. the bios does not even show up. the Fans that are plugged into the mobo will turn on, and it sounds like the hard drives start up. the fan that is on the mobo does not start up, and none of the usb ports start up. (usually the mouse and keyboard start up right when the comp is turned on.

I tested the video card out on a friends comptuer and i know that isnt the problem. im guessing i fried the chipset or something?

the mobo i have is a DFI lanparty

any thoughts on what happened or any other solutions to the problem would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Advertisements

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
could have been a faulty power supplie can you cheak that in your friends computer aswell?

if not you may have overheated your CPU and damaged it.

cheak the power supply first thenwe will see what else we can find,

troppo