Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer case....

• Please log in to reply

Susa

Susa

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
ok well, ive had my current computer case for almost 2 years now its kinda gettin old now and i was lookin into upgrading my case and well.... ive looked at alot of cases i cant really make up my mind so thats why im asking :whistling: well pretty much my question is if you guys can narrow my choices, im looking for a mid tower case my main focus is cooling, cooling, cooling so if you guys could list some cases or even some name brands that are trusted/good products im looking at a budget of around 75$ or less BEFORE shipping so if i posted this in the wrong section im sorry x.x just lemme know.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What do yo uhave know that you need something better to replace, cooling wise a big antec or coolermaster are youre best bet, or an akasa eclipse but really good cooling costs money.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
double

Edited by warriorscot, 08 July 2006 - 05:19 PM.

Susa

Susa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
i have a MGE Ninja you can seaarch for it on xoxide but the thing is all the LED's stopped working the acrylic is cracked like mad the fan grill on the acrylic is gone just all sorts of things plus like i said its just getting old and boring to look at now

MNOB07

MNOB07

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
I can see what you mean

This Cooler Master case is a very popular case within your budget and for good reason:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811119068

Susa

Susa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Very nice, LOVE the meshed blanks for the drives definately putting it on my wish list, if anyone else has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated. :whistling:

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Antec p180 for simple yet elegant
NZXT LEXA for bling bling
Thermaltake Tsunami for a combo of bling and functionality
Thermaltake armor for full sized beast

I love the 180 and lexa good cooling and looks. Although all of the cases mentioned above don't come cheap, they are good investments. spending an extra 30 on a case is well worth the $$$.

jigga211

jigga211

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Getting a new case myself as well, going for Thermaltake Armor va8000 series but its price is deff out of your budget and unlike me I doubt you would need all the bays it comes with. (10 5.25" bays)

Susa

Susa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
yeah, definately dont need 10 bays lol, and it kinda sucks not having a higher budget but hey, ill be a father in 5-6 months :whistling:, yeah i wouldnt mind have a thermaltake tsunami myself but i was actually looking at an Aspire X-Crusier case seems to have a nice air flo system its kind within my budget its pushing it...lol also sometime in the future i was thinking about getting water cooling its just, you know typical worries, leaks, breaks all that kinda stuff but looking at the benefits of it how cool my ssytem would be, i was looking at Thermaltake Big water 745 i think is what is was called but thats much later for now stick with the low budget items... anywho thans for the replies and if anyone out there has any reviews/remarks about the 2 things i mentioned or any other cases or objects please lemme know =D

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Dont bother with water cooling unless you can afford good stuff its just asking for trouble.

Cheap high quality cases go for Antec, Dirt cheap but still some of the best workmanship you can get.

I never reccomend any case that has alot of acrylic in it they fall to bits and are so often gawdy people quicky get bored with them, i always prefer something simple that i can always add to later if i want. The quality of the case is always more important to me.

StaticRed

StaticRed

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
looking a new case also mine is err how can i say this...after being posted from ireland to germany....the front of its being held together by cable ties. lol, i know what u must be think....... i want a good gaming case whats the best to go for.... maybe somethign between 75 euros and 150... thanks

oh p.s what the [bleep] is this about why is it so [bleep] dear http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811235003

u can get a full compuetr for that price

Edited by StaticRed, 12 July 2006 - 10:57 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Mines is a great gaming case, antec super lanboy its really light and comes with a carrying strap and fans. I love mine the coolermaster ammo is similar in its design objectives.

i cant get that link to work what case is it.

Edited by warriorscot, 12 July 2006 - 11:01 AM.

Susa

Susa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
some Zallman micro atx case with 350W PSU for 650$ which he has a good point nothing from what i could tell made it look different so i have no idea why its 650$ x.x, yeah im still kinda iffy on the water cooling subject like i said its just a few of my friends have it and thir comp is so silent and cool and it looks cool also :whistling: its just that i definately wouldnt put water cooling in my system without testing it on my pos back up system to test for durability and they say to use your water cooling system outside th computer on some paper first for a day or so to test for leaks, so yeah definately some hard thoughts about it, but not anything too soon

and i definately see what you mean about too much acrylic, i got my side fan held on with twist ties because th acrylic is craked so bad im bout to trash my case and use a stock HP case i have until i can find a better case, lol

another edit:: ive been meaning to ask you scot about the razer.... how is it?? theres a special addition one i want so bad i mean come on......2000 freakin dpi talk about accuarcy!! if that doesnt help in FPS games then you need help lol x.x

Edited by Susa, 12 July 2006 - 11:58 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The zalman is fanless its totally heatpipe cooled thats why its so expensive its totally silent but its expensive and hard to set up.

Unless you are willing to fork out the cash you are only going to maybe just cut down the noise and even at that you might not get as good cooling as good air and there is always the risks. The bigwater kit got some bad reviews.

I do like the razer ive got the special edition form before the copperhead 2000dpi its the blue plasma diamondback at 1600dpi 2000 was a bit much same mouse as well didnt figure it worth the cash.

It makes a difference more because its a better made mouse than the dpi of it, takes a bit to get used to it though as its a different shape from most mouses you dont grip it the same way its more of just a gentle push it needs and i got the aluminum razer exactmat which also makes a huge difference. It didnt make huge difference as i havent got to play that much lately but just as general mouse its the best ive ever had and if i played more il probably be slightly better than i was with the old mouse.