Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Who was the worst person in history

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I think you contradict yourself:

Well the most evil men are the ones who know they are doing evil yet continue to do it, Hitler and bin laden arguably arent as evil as many because they believed what they were doing was right

--

Stalin killed millions with a sound mind but no one bothered and to extent no one does because unlike Hitler he cleaned up after himself i would say he was more evil because he knew what he was doing.

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
What one does note is that the [bleep] concept was based of the Romans, and yet we admire the Romans for what they did almost as much as we hate the Nazis for doing the exact same thing, the difference being as Admin pointed out that it is fresh, agreed, but I also feel that it is because we expect humans to be more humain with the passing of time too. So what we can forgive in the past is less forgivable now. Please don't missunderstand me here I am in no way saying that the Nazis were good but I am saying that the Romans were bad.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Badly worded Stalin knew what he was doing ws wrong by all accounts he just didnt care thus im my opinion of the three making him more evil, whereas Hitler and Bin Ladin saw nothing wrong with what they did as one is insane and the other beleives he is fighting a war.

An interesting Historical Point Churchill did some pretty bad things and was prepared to "win at any cost" it was he who authorised the fire bombing of dresden creating an enormous fireball that destroyed the city he did more damage im many respects than the A bomb did to Hiroshima. And he had stock piles of nerve gas(that he conveinantly buried far to close to my house for comfort) ready to use on Berlin if the war had gone on longer perhaps Churchill would be the bad guy if the war hadnt been won by us and in that time scale. History is written by the victors so historically its hard to find accurate examples sometimes because often the enemy of any conflict is villified no matter what side you are on.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Scot's last point touches on another type of person: those who do bad with good intentions. Such people as the guy who invented the A bomb, or the person who came up with nerve gas, etc., are they guiltless in what they invented then?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
the last 100 years is pretty short. A mite farther back there are plenty of examples of notorious people. There are plenty of modern people from the last 20 years that might qualify. However looking at history I would have to say Nero. Ceasar Nero. He was a paranoid individual and had his mother and tutors killed. Was at least privy to, if not involved in the assination of claudius. This lead to him becoming ceasar.

In 64 AD, the great fire of rome (broke out among the shops of circus maximus) and killed thousands. It destoryed 2/3 of rome. Nero probably had something to do with the fire, used the fire to start the first persecutions of christians and to rebuild Rome to be even more opulent than it already was.

Domus Aurea – This structure was built on the ashes of a terrible fire that destroyed a large part of Rome in 64 A.D. Domus Aurea was built on the wishes of Nero, who was also probably responsible for the fire. During one of his famous ravings of omnipotence, the prince wanted a more majestic Rome with his enormous, new residence as the center of this newly-styled city. Inside this new palace there were buildings, gardens and a lake called "Stagnum Neronis". The palace was disproportionately large, but was in perfect harmony with the 35-meter high bronze statue of the prince that was sculpted and placed at the entrance to the Domus Aurea. The Domus Aurea has recently been opened to the public after years of restoration work.

Along with the rebuild Circus Maximus, this area became well known for the many bloody and viscious acts of entertainment. Thousands of people and animals were put do death in every way imaginable making the colleseum look like a walk in the park. This is a small numbe of things that he did or happened as a result of his influance. It is a period of time that the italiens are still trying to put behind them. It is not something that they like to talk about even today.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Nero, but was he the worst of the Roman bunch then, after all he didn't poison people as much as his mother, he wasn't as crual as Gias, he wasn't as depraved as Tiberius, and the total number of christians was small compared to the number of jews killed under Vaspasian both in Nero's lifetime and when he took power afterwards. I feel often that he gets a bad press more for the fault pointed out be Peter the Great "The one thing worse than bad government is weak government" than for his being worse than the others.

Edited by fleamailman, 12 July 2006 - 01:20 PM.

rstones12

rstones12

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 3,731 posts
While all the above mentioned are all very evil people it really comes down to perception.
For example what if someone murdered one of you family members you might think they are the most evil person in history.

While the aforementioned are in a evil class by themselves based on numbers and the atrocities they have committed, it just depends on point of view.

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
Vlad gives Romania a bad name..........its just my opinion probly becuase im romanian......

beethoven

beethoven

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
I'd have to say Nero or Judas, for reasons I can't discuss without us getting back into religion :whistling:.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I will skip over those two for the reason you have stated, but the question in my mind now is whether a person who does bad in the name of the state, which often is himself then, is on par with someone who just enjoys killing like a serial killer or sadist, Hilter built up Germany, Stalin the USSR as Mau did for China and yet they were all mass murderers. Perhaps for me they are worse then if only because they show that material progress can be reached by bute force, enslavement and hate, their temptation to take others down this path makes them far more evil than the common criminals in my opinion.

Advertisements

June MacPhee

June MacPhee

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I agree with all your answers.

Who can top Adolf Hitler who killed over 60 million people.

A couple more sickos... Mao Tse-Tung over 16 mollion and Saddam Hussein almost 2 million.

Die4me

Die4me

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will soon be the worst person in history if not dealt with swiftly. Maybe he can form an alliance with Kim Jong & Bashar Assad.

Edited by Die4me, 23 July 2006 - 02:36 AM.

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
Worst person in history....Zinedine Zidane for what he did to Materazzi.

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Thats a joke isn't it. :whistling:

Maiestas

Maiestas

eh...

• Retired Staff
  • 1,481 posts

o_O;;;

---------------------

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will soon be the worst person in history if not dealt with swiftly. Maybe he can form an alliance with Kim Jong & Bashar Assad.

:whistling:

Edited by Maiestas, 23 July 2006 - 07:06 PM.