Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Out of Office reply to email every time they come in

• Please log in to reply

grapeman

grapeman

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I am running MS Outlook 2003 and want to set up the Out of Office reoly so that it replies to any email that comes in no matter how many times the persons emails the contact that is using the Out of Office. Please help!

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

I assume your are running an exchange server of some type as well?? The Out of Office assistant won't work unless Microsoft Exchange server is also installed..

Murray

grapeman

grapeman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
:whistling: Yes, I am running Exchange 2003 and Windows Server 2003.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i don't think it's possible to do what you want to do....the out of office assistant does not give the option to reply EVERY time the same person emails you...only once per contact....why would you want it to reply EVERY time that person emails you? they got the message the first time...can't think of why they'd keep emailing you...and if they do....is that a problem?

grapeman

grapeman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
It was brought up at a manager's meeting by the President of the company and he ( and a lot of the manager's ) want it so it was then dubbed to see if I could do it. I have found some articles on the Web about how to do it using Rules within Outlook but they don't seem to work.

And, unfortunately, some people keep on emailing us after they got the first OOA reply and because they didn't get it the second time they thought the said individual was back in the office.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ah....with the rules...it would be pretty difficult but could be done...

create a blank rule in outlook
check the box "where my name is in the to or cc box"
then press next
then check the box "have server reply using a specified message"
click the blue specified message link
type up the message and save it
then do finish../
then test it and see if it does what you want

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://office.micros...0662351033.aspx maybe a little better

grapeman

grapeman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thank you very much!! I will have to check that out here in a minute!!

MB57630

MB57630

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The link above is dead!

Our administrators frown on using the auto reply on the server side because of the posibility of the dreaded loop.

Is this a rule set up for OOA? If so, I am very interested in knowing if it is possible to control OORs with a rule so that a person will get it no matter how many times they email.

We are using this for a short period of time for a corporate inbox so we can provide information that we are no longer using that inbox and to provide the links they need to submit their query via another system.

I know it seems like over kill but if a person emails once and then again a week later, they will not have the links if they delete the first email.

Any ideas??

Thanks!!

Edited by MB57630, 02 November 2010 - 10:15 AM.