Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wanting to start a new gaming system.

• Please log in to reply

A70)v(1C

A70)v(1C

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have been looking at building a new computer for gaming and I wanna know has everything iv came up with look good. If anything should be changed please suggest some stuff.

I'm going to list every thing, even if i think it has no significant effect on the overall performance.

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce SPP 100 ATX AMD Motherboard
VIDEO CARD: eVGA 256-P2-N553-AX Geforce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card
PROCESSOR: AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Venice 2000MHz HT Socket 939 Processor
MEMORY: GeIL Value Series 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory
POWER SUPPLY: Rosewill RP550-2 ATX 2.01 550W Power Supply
HARD DRIVE: Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 SATA NCQ 3Gb/s ST3160812AS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
SOUND CARD: Creative Sound Blaster SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card
PCI SLOT FAN: Titan TTC-SC03TB 60mm PCI Slot VGA Card Cooling Fan

Edited by A70)v(1C, 11 July 2006 - 03:04 AM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You want to go for either a AM2 system or a conroe going for old technology isnt any good especially as its not really any cheaper, i wouldnt get a rosewill PSU get something better like an antec, enermax or ultra, i would also get a 7200.10 again you want the latest rather than something older. I would also drop the pci fan you are better with another case fan.

A70)v(1C

A70)v(1C

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Ok I went ahead and took your advice. I revised the whole setup so please tell me how it is now. I want the best I can get for cheapest possible around 800$-1000$.

https://secure.neweg...itle=AM2 System