Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Java !

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

vanpelt93

vanpelt93

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
i got a dell pc with windows xp last year....i installed the newest version of java so i could play in yahoo...well, i could get n yahoo but when i left the room wouldnt go away. i had to control alt delete to make the room go away and then pull explorer back up and sign in again....i never had this problem wth my old computer which had windows me on it....so i installed an older version of java 1.3.1_15...now i can leave the yahoo room without control alt delete but i would really like to fix this problem because im suree i wont be able to use this old version forever....i dont know if its how my computer is set up or not....because we have 2 computers (both dell) dunno if that matters but, it has the newer version and u dont have to do all that just to leave............PLEASE HELP :whistling:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you don't make sense. In the first half you state your new pc is having issues but in the last half you state that its not having issues. could you please restate simply what your issue is (limit to one pc only).

Crater

Crater

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Looks like he's trying to say that he switched to an older version of java to get into Yahoo Games, but he's worried that he'll HAVE to upgrade to the newer version again at some point, and he's trying to get his problem resolved now.

I would say uninstall all Java environment you have and do a clean install of it. Sounds like a corrupt file in the installation maybe. Especially since the other computer you have runs it just fine.

vanpelt93

vanpelt93

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thank Crater, that's exactly what i meant. i never stated i had issues and then didnt have issues (STARJAX)...i simply told u the issue with the new java adn explained what i HAD to do in order to get in yahoo...then simply asked was there a reason if any that a new version of java wouldnt allow me to leave a room

oh and it is limited to one computer.....what an [bleep] you are...cant beleive someone like you could help anyone on here...i mean you dont even read and pay attn to what folks say !

thanks again Crater, you were a big help maybe i will *donate* to u :whistling:

Edited by vanpelt93, 16 July 2006 - 01:54 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I asked for clarification. I understood your issue but wasn't sure that there wasn't more to the storey. Crater understood what you were attempting to say and clearly stated that. I am completly capable of resolving your issue. However, after the rudeness and abuse you have just heaped on me, We will not help you on this forum.

Our members are Volunteers. We help others because we choose to do so out of the goodness of our hearts. Not because we get donations.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
We will not tolerate bashing our staff members, period. This member has been banned for his/her lack of discretion, rudeness, and abusiveness.