Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hey does video card or driver doesn't support alpha blending m

• Please log in to reply

Andy--_Mc

Andy--_Mc

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hey im using a laptop... and hey does video card or driver doesn't support alpha blending mean, its when i try to open cod2?

please refrain from profanity. We will be happy to answer your questions. We just ask that you remember this is a family friendly site.

Edited by starjax, 15 July 2006 - 09:58 PM.

Advertisements

Andy--_Mc

Andy--_Mc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
My laptop is toshiba personal computer intel® pentium(M) processor 1.60 Ghz, 504mb of ram lol...... help me with this problem please

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

video card or driver doesn't support alpha blending

means that either your video card or the driver for it doesn't support alpha blending..i'm going to assume you get this messag ewhen trying to install a game? try updating your drivers (i doubt this will fix it)...if that doesn't work..your video card isnt compatable with this game/program

Andy--_Mc

Andy--_Mc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
How do i update my drivers? and my grpahics card is 128mb so it should work :S

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
go to the manufacturer's website and download the newest drivers for your video card (as you haven't mentioned either the make or model of your card..i can't tell you where that is)

Andy--_Mc

Andy--_Mc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
lol where do i find what type my graphics card is? remember its a laptop

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.geekstogo...a...ails&f_id=9 download that run it, save a report and ATTACH the report with your next post

Andy--_Mc

Andy--_Mc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I cant download it, when it says right click and click save target as it come up with cannot find website :S

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
check this link: http://www.geekstogo...ecs-t82284.html

follow the instructions to test to see if your system meets cod2 specs. If there is something that can be done, it should tell you.

If we knew what make and model laptop you have it would help.

broken link reported to the admin for everest. in the meantime try this link for everest

Andy--_Mc

Andy--_Mc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
my laptop is Toshiba and yes my computer meets the requirements.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
then you will need to go to http://toshiba.com/ to download the driver for you laptop. Not all intergrated graphics cards for laptops will support cod2. If you could post the everest results we can be more clear with the explanations and instructions.

Andy--_Mc

Andy--_Mc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Yeah i went on www.toshiba.com and i cant find where to update my drivers, can u help me ?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
we can help you but you've got to help us..you're not giving us much information....what model number laptop is this

Andy--_Mc

Andy--_Mc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I also tried to download the everest but i do i need to download a bittorrent programmed first?!?!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
no you should just be able to click on the download button and save it to your desktop