Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

internet explorer won't load some web pages

• Please log in to reply

alsauto

alsauto

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I am running internet explorer 6.0 with service pack 2, on a toshiba laptop, recently when i try to view certian web pages I get this page cannot be displayed, I do not beleive it is encryption related as i have 128 bit encryption and i can log on to my bank web site, i am running norton anti virus and have done a complete scan, and comes out clean, same with avg. I have run ad-aware and also spy-bot. and cleaned any spyware found, I have run sfc/ scannow. but nothing has fixed my problems, I also have two other computers at home on this network and they can access all these pages, does anybody have any ideas on what I should try next.

Advertisements

alsauto

alsauto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Got it fixed using winsockxp fix thanks for looking.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try firefox and see if you have the same problem..

http://www.mozilla.com/

there is a extension called IE tab so you will be able to display a site that doesn't display properly with firefox...I haven't hit one for months though

alsauto

alsauto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
thanks for your reply got it fixed using winsockxp-fix