Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ddr recognition

• Please log in to reply

paradien

paradien

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
i got a old hp that has 512 ddr but i need to determine what type it is so i may buy another 512 to make a better so i can play wow better after i get a vga that is agp which i heard there are diffrent types so i also need to determine. so how would i determine what type, count the gold fingers? help me out here

Advertisements

VirusAccumulator

VirusAccumulator

• Pip
  • 9 posts
turn off you pc open case remove ramm , normally you can see a sticker on chip and tells you what type it is..
What is you motherboard brand name and model?

paradien

paradien

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
well i did that and i didnt see any straight recognition, ill try looking up the modle,by the number on it

paradien

paradien

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
if i say so my self , the number i see on it is like pc2700u-25330 so i would say it was a 2700?

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Almost all PC2700 memory is backwards compatable with PC2100 memory. If you bought another PC2700 memory stick and installed it on a computer that was running PC2100 memory the PC2700 memory would just run at the 2100 speed.

SRX660

jigga211

jigga211

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
PC2700 is DDR 333