Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No monitor at start up, can't do anything!

• Please log in to reply

surfprince

surfprince

• Pip
  • 6 posts
[color=#FF0000][size=3]Please help! I was watching a downloaded video on media player and the monitor went blank. I rebooted and still nothing on monitor. I can't even see to reboot in safe mode. I tried loading the XP disk at reboot but still a blank monitor. Not sure if the whole HD got wiped or what. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Mark AKA Surfprince
[email protected]

Advertisements

Caracas

Caracas

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Is there anything at all on your monitor?
Can you try connecting another monitor? I want to make sure it's not your monitor that's gone bad.

surfprince

surfprince

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Can you try connecting another monitor? I want to make sure it's not your monitor that's gone bad.

It's a practicall brand new samsung 712 na, the power light flashes, but there is nothing on screen

surfprince

surfprince

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

It's a practicall brand new samsung 712 na, the power light flashes, but there is nothing on screen

When I reboot, there is a series of several small beeps, though it does not seem the system is "booting", it's hard to tell as I can't view anything on screen.

Caracas

Caracas

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Being a new monitor doesn't mean it can't be malfunctioning :whistling:

Did you check wether all the cables are properly connected?

Is there any activity on your PC (can you hear anything, see a light flashing) after a reset?

just trying to establish where the error may be...

greets

surfprince

surfprince

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Is there any activity on your PC (can you hear anything, see a light flashing) after a reset?

greets

the system light ans run light comes on, I hear a series of beeps while the system is loading, but nothing on screen,

surfprince

surfprince

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

greets

the system light ans run light comes on, I hear a series of beeps while the system is loading, but nothing on screen,

I'm writing you on a lap top, but guess what, I jsut rebooted the desk top and and I know have screen, after serveral tries~...any idea what coould cause this glitch?

Caracas

Caracas

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Possibly a bad contact in your cables somewhere

surfprince

surfprince

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Possibly a bad contact in your cables somewhere

In any case it's fine now, or seems to be. I'll check the connections and run diagnostics. Thanks alot for your help, I REALLY appreciate it!
Mark

crunch

crunch

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
several short beeps on my Asus means graphics card error/memory, when it's happened to me I reseated the graphics card and the monitor worked fine again.