Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft says three monitors make you more productive

• Please log in to reply

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Maybe I'm just anal, but when I use multiple monitors they all need to be the same. Same size, mfg, etc. Looking at different screen sizes, resolution, screen colors drives me batty. I like it to look seamless.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah different size is buggy ive seen it on uniform montiors and it looks better than any way ive ever done it with different sizes, although the way im thinking all the LCD tvs are widescreen and i think i can live with only the vertical dimensions matching.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
I'm using 3 different monitors on 2 different video cards (ATi Radeon 9800XT, and a very old ATi Rage128 All-in-wonder PCI). I run two on the Radeon, and 1 on the rage. I have tonnes of desktop space, but no desk space :whistling:. I'm using different monitors too...

19" Acer Widescreen
18" Eizo Normal
17" GNR Normal

For some reason I can only play games in high FPS (on the Radeon) on the primary monitor though... Its good using multiple screens, and having ultramon software running too, I can customise my desktops to how I want.