Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard disk S.M.A.R.T. command

• Please log in to reply

helllpmepleze

helllpmepleze

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:whistling: As before when I would boot I'd get a message saying there was a problem with my Hard disk S.M.A.R.T so I went in and disabled it. So now it boots without that message. But lately when I send email other things are attaching to the emails. Has anyone ever had this happen? I gather that this is disk-caching , it remembers which sections of the disk you have used most frequently. Do I need this?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you may want to do some thorough checks for viruses and malware with the malware guys in the malware forum here....as hard drive errors should be attaching anything to your emails...what exactly is being attached? do you remember the exact smart error you were getting?

do start > run > chkdsk /f and press ok...it should ask you to schedule for next reboot...say yes and reboot...let this run undisturbed until completion (45 min or so?) report any errors