Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Does anyone believe this? i'm curious

• Please log in to reply

s2006

s2006

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Ok so this might seem dumb but i was enjoying some Bill gates photos online ther other day & reading all kinds of goodies on him...i came across some guy's site which caught my attention....i'm hoping someone from this board can actually test this out then let us know. here is what the directions were from a guy who tried this:

For those of you who still have the OLD Excel 95 (not office 97), try this:

1. Open a new file.

2. Scroll down until you see row 95.

3. Click on the row 95 button, this highlights the whole row

4. Press tab, to move to the second column.

5. Now, move your mouse and click on help, THEN about Microsoft Excel

6. Press ctrl-alt-shift and click on the tech support button simultaneously.

7. A WINDOW WILL APPEAR, TITLE: THE HALL OF TORTURED SOULS

This is really eerie, okay...it has a doom style format and you can walk all around the hall (using your arrow keys)...and on the sides of the walls are the names of the tortured souls....

8. NOW WALK UP THE STAIRS AND THEN COME BACK DOWN, FACE THE BLANK WALL AND THEN TYPE IN EXCELKFA.

This will open the blank wall to reveal another secret passage, walk through the passage and DO NOT fall off (this is the hard part!), when you get to the end, you will see something really, really eerie.... (This is REALLY there! I haven't been able to reach the end of this VERY narrow passage though.... - WILANT)

At this point of time, countless witnesses all over the world have verified that it is a real eye opener. It could be a joke by MS programmers or is it?

Advertisements

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
Hi s2006,

I can't confirm that one but what you are referring to are commonly known as "Easter Eggs". Numerous programs have them, usually the development team add them as a little surprise for the people who can find them. I've seen several of the microsoft office ones. To find out more check out these links.

http://www.computerhope.com/eggs.htm

http://www.eggheaven2000.com/

NoReMaC

NoReMaC

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Lol, that's awsome. I gotta find my old copy and try it sometime. :whistling:

s2006

s2006

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
:blink: i was really scared...i started to have a really grose feeling in my stomach :whistling: . but if it is just fun "easter eggs" implemented by the progammers than i wonder what else there might be that we don't know about-spooky!!!