Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Change Ip Address help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

supernoober

supernoober

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Is there a way to change your IP address? My friend said in mozilla go to tools>connection settings and you will be able to change your IP address. But I don't see anything. Please help if you know how to change IP address

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Why do you need to change your IP address?

supernoober

supernoober

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
No particular reason, just want to know. Can you help?

rstones12

rstones12

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 3,731 posts
There are ways to do it, but that goes beyond the scope of this discussion, so the answer is no we cant.

supernoober

supernoober

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
I don't understand. Is there something bad about changing your IP address?

rstones12

rstones12

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 3,731 posts
Asking us for help in changing your IP could take us down a few paths, I am not saying you are going to use this information for not so sincere purposes but I would recommend you contact your ISP for that information.

rstones12

supernoober

supernoober

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
I can use a proxy to change my IP address?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
why do you want to change your ip address?

supernoober

supernoober

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
It has nothing to do with sending virusses or piracy or anything like that. As you can tell, I don't even know that much about computers to be doing anything bad. I just want to sign up for an account on this site that limits one sign up per IP.

In mozilla, I go to tools> connection settigns > manual proxy configuration, then put in a free proxy IP and port that I found on google, then check "use this proxy for all protocols." After I do this, when I try to sign in to email or something, I get an error. How can I do this without getting an error?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
We really cant help as helping you violate another sites TOS would also violate this sites and would be entirely bad form, if you can only have on account per IP then you are only going to have one.