Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen problem, computer freezeups

• Please log in to reply

lavkian

lavkian

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Aloha.

Recently I installed a NETGEAR WG111T router to replace my shoddy WG121 router, and I'm glad I made the switch, because it never drops the connection.

However, recently I've been getting BSODs with the "IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL_TO" message, referring to the router.

There are no drivers that I can see on NETGEAR's website that I can rollback to (they only have current driver and software), and I *really* don't want to go back to my old 121, so I'm not sure what to do.

However, the devices referenced have also changed over time; once it said something like "AGV" near the bottom, and once it said nothing at all.

The BSODs themselves have become more infrequent in favor of simply having my computer freeze up, as well.

Since my system is used primarily for gaming, this gets aggrivating really quickly. I don't know what to do...

I should mention that I recently went through a process on SpywareWarrior to clean off any mal/spyware on here, so I don't think that's it, and scans for spyware and viruses come up nil.

Advertisements

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
There are usually a series of letters and\or number associated with this message. Those codes will be very helpful if they are available.
Also check the "Event Viewer" in the "Administrative Tools" for error messages.

lavkian

lavkian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I'm not sure what you're looking for. I don't exactly recall what the BSOD said, and I don't know what to look for in the Event Viewer.

I do see a System Error from when I got a BSOD last night, it says

Source: System Error
Category: (102)
Event: 1003

And two application errors around the time my PC last froze (about an hour ago), they have identical times.

1st
Source: SecurityCenter
Category: None
Event: 1802

2nd
Sorce: WinMgmt
Category: None
Event: 28

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
The information I am finding leads me to believe you have a virus hidden in the operating systems files. This is causing your BSOD and will eventually cause the computer to restart without warning.
I recommend you post a HJT log. Go here to get started. Please read the fist and last of the pinned topics in that forum and follow the instructions.

Edited by acklan, 14 July 2006 - 01:49 AM.