Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet EMail Not Working!

• Please log in to reply

Sakura

Sakura

• Pip
  • 4 posts
(NOTE: I have a DELL Windows XP and Road Runner)

Everytime I click on MSN or YAHOO and type in my email address and password it directs me to a "Page Can Not Be Display" message. I tried downloading Winsockxp and Firefox but every time I do a message pops up and says my security doesn't allow this download. So I went to tools and internet options and tried to turn off the security there and it still doesn't work! Can someone help me! T_T

Advertisements

Sakura

Sakura

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I don't know what to do!

Sakura

Sakura

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I even tried to download Opera and that doesn't work! T_T

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello and welcome to geekstogo,
Please don't bump your post if you continue to do so people would over look it thinking someone was helping you, the only reason i realised you where bumping is because i acidentally clicked the wrong hyperlink. We are volunteers here and we need you to understand that we do have lives outside of this forum. If someone can help you with your problem they will come and do so. So please in the future refrain from bumping as you will just get overlooked and go on to be unhelped with your problem.

Back to your problem can do double check that when you change the setting that your saved them and didn't click cancel? What firewall are you running?
thanx
James

Sakura

Sakura

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well I did check several times and it still doesn't work. Besides I have no idea what firewall is on there I tried looking at the security section but nothing works.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
do you have anything called zone alarm, kerio, syngate to name a few?
James

Edited by james_8970, 15 July 2006 - 11:24 AM.