Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with Bios

• Please log in to reply

StaticRed

StaticRed

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Hi i bought a laptop of a so called friend, we aint friends any more............ either he did the password or its a default one but he said he doesnt know aanzthing about it...... its a SONY VAIO PCG-F807K. its a 650mhz but it is only running at around 486mhz, o wait i just checked and its onlz 389mhz now 484mhz what the [bleep] is oing on whz is the processor speed changing, i tried to get in to the bios but its passworded, i tried using all the Phoenix backdoor passwords but non work, i opened the laptop up but couldnt find the battry or the jumpers, does any one know were they are on this laptop, mz cousin said on his laptop it was under the internal modem would it be the same here, i know were the modem is, top right,,,,, i reallz need to get this fix, theres no way a 650mhz should be running under 400mhz. please help

thanks in advance

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Where do you see the processor speed jumping around if you can't get into BIOS? Why are you looking for the battery?

StaticRed

StaticRed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
in the system information window, i want to remove the battry so i can reset the bios password. it says, in everest that my bios is 2 years old and to update if necessary, will updating the bios reset the password?

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
I don't think updating BIOS will reset the password. It will probably ask for the password when you try to install it or try to get in the new BIOS, sorry.

StaticRed

StaticRed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
aww no,

dont say that...bugger..

i have tried all them programes to try and get the password, none worked only one i got running was bios300 and it ran and gave me a password, when i entered it is said it was wrong, i endered it perfectly so i didnt mess up there.. and tried like i said the back door passwords, so the only thing left is to reset cmos, removing battery and changein jumpers over then back again... can any1 help with this laptop model

thanks for your replys

Edited by StaticRed, 14 July 2006 - 02:39 PM.

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
I am not really a BIOS update or password recovery expert. Please wait for another member to come along who might be able to help you get your laptop back.

Sorry I can't help you any further.

Emery.

StaticRed

StaticRed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
ok .but thanks very much for your help :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if there's a bios password and you don't know what it is...how are you able to get into windows to look at system information?

StaticRed

StaticRed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
the computer starts up, i am using it right now...,, i cant get in to see the bios, that is were it asks for the password, when the computer starts up and i press f2 to go in to bios it asked for a password,

Edited by StaticRed, 14 July 2006 - 02:49 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
AHA...that's a much better description

StaticRed

StaticRed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
sorry i didnt make myself clearer the first time.. :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
absolutely no usefull manuals for your system online..not a single one... the vaio site says to call support for instructions on resetting the PW...

i agree with emory that updating the bios would probably not work as it would probably ask you for the password before letting you...

StaticRed

StaticRed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
i know i searched and searched all day to day with no luck,, stupid laptop lol, thanks for taking the time te read and reply to my post, thanks for your help.. will give them a call

Edited by StaticRed, 14 July 2006 - 03:07 PM.