Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP log in- immediately logged out

• Please log in to reply

mjs_

mjs_

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My problem started with Norton detecting a virus on the weekly scan. Norton was unable to repair, quaratine or delete. I visited their website for instructions on how to rid my computer of the virus. Once that was completed it was running ok when I got a Norton virus alert box ( red & white box) that popped up alerting me to the finding of the virus that was just deleted. I tried repeatedly to close out this alert box to no avail. I finally turned off my computer in hopes that would do the trick. Then the problem started. I can not log in to my Windows enviroment in normal or safe mode. Once it enters the Windows environment it does one of two things: logs me out immediately or waits several seconds then logs me off. I tried the XP repair disk only to have the same results after XP was re set up. As a small business owner I'm sure you can see how I am in dire straits. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
neither a comment nor suggestion about this site...moving to XP

mjs_

mjs_

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
dsenette, thx for the reply. Are you saying that move to XP is a web site as in movetoxp.com? or search under this topic. thx