Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trojan-downloader

• Please log in to reply

harley57

harley57

• Pip
  • 9 posts
i have a trojan-downloader in
c:/windows/windowsupdate.log:fqski:$data

is this removable

thanks

harley

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there harley57, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

Yes, it is very possible... The staff here at GTG can take care of it...

So please read this: Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log (Click on the link)

That will give you steps that will help you clean up 70% of the problems yourself. Then please download "Hijackthis" and run Hijackthis with log. Save the log file here: Malware Removal - HiJackThis Logs Go Here

When you have followed all these steps. A Geeks To Go Staff Member will help you fix your problem.

(Note: Please be patient, the "Malware Forum" is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual.)

Thank you and goodluck. :whistling:

harley57

harley57

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
thanks geek in training

i removed about 22 virus already this is the last one and i am unsure how to get this piece of the file out without removing the complete log. or if i can

thanks
harley

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey again harley57, just post a hijackthis log through to the malware forum:

http://www.geekstogo...o-Here-f37.html

Once you have done that, A Geeks To go Staff will take a look at your log a determine how to clear up the rest of the viruses.

Cool :whistling:

harley57

harley57

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
hi spike hacker

thanks, for the help
i went into safemode, renamed the file, rebooted and deleted it
windows had the file open i guess
free at last

thanks
harley57

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
No problem harley57, I am gald we could sought of help. But I would have recommended you going to the malware forum to make sure that you are 100% clean. But, if you problem is fixed, it ok.

harley57

harley57

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
hi spiker hacker inc,

i used the programs the forum, said to download, the last scan was with the online kasper, should i still do more testing, i have now keno firewall and avg 7.1 running, i got all this info from this site,

harley

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey again harley, all I would suggest doing is download "Hijackthis" and run Hijackthis with log. Save the log file here: Malware Removal - HiJackThis Logs Go Here

From there it will be the last step to checking if your system is clean of malware, its just an extra step if you belive that your computer is clean, then no futher steps should be taken. It's pritty much up to you.