Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COD3?

• Please log in to reply

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Anyone no what its going to be like? Ive heard about there being a new Call Of Duty but not whats its gonna be about. The only thing i no is that its not bassed around WW2.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Dont know what you have heard but all the gameplay vids of COD3 are WW2 Europe, its COD straight up [bleep] bashin some gameplay improvements(big improvement on melee), and gfx and realism are phenomenal i think it was a PS3 demo vid and it looked brilliant.

mozzer11

mozzer11

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
If it's released on the PC what kind of system reqs do u reckon it'll have?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
one year ago they state that it will be release for xbox360, playstation 3, and pc. however today you only find mention of the xbox title. no specs available for the pc at this time. Even if they launch cod3 by xmas, then it will probably be a console title only, pc version to be release later.

IF they release it for the pc the big question is will it be a dx9 or dx10 game. if its dx10 then vista will probably be required. This is pure speculation at this point.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
From the gameplay vids and the console rumours its safe to assume its DX10 as the consoles use the first gen DX10 hardware but the PCs will only just be seeing the first dx10 offerings sure itll be more powerful second gen stuff but they are probably going to have to wait until more people have the cards, although it should have a dx9L compatibility mode but thats another thing that will delay it for PC.

I usually dont mind a delay for PC as it usually means more content.

rumble291

rumble291

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Yeah. If you ask me i didnt see much improvement in COD2 yes there was slight better gameplay and the graphics are good but the online side is lacking. Everythings moving to online gaming and they need to make it for online gaming. Most people have only played a couple of hours on single player and play alot more on the internet. They need to base it around the internet and they will have one of the best games or the best game on the market.

ColonelChaos007

ColonelChaos007

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I know all about the game, thanks to a lot of research and searching. lol.

Anyways, you get to play as an American, Canadian, British, and Polish. I have a walkthrough of the demo if you want me to explain. And no, that vid you saw wasn't on the PS3. It was on XBOX360.

I'm getting my hands on the PS3 though, I heard XBOX360 screws up a lot after you get it.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The vid seemed PS3 as the xbox360 controller doesnt have the buttons the onscreen tips showed although i have seen an earlier 360 one.

Dont know about multiplayer i like the single player on those kind of games best.

ColonelChaos007

ColonelChaos007

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok.

But I know some stuff about Multiplayer. The maximum amount of people that can play online is 24, now people say that is too little, but I think it's fair. I also know that there might be Vehicular combat in Multiplayer.

Ask me the questions, I may know. :whistling:

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
There was some vehicle combat in CoD: UO wasnt' there? Like a tank or two? I dunno.

I just know that since I've been an avid CoD follower that I'm really looking forward when they make the jump to the pacific part of WW2, Korea, or Vietnam, or something along those lines. I love jungle battles :whistling: