Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse Problems

• Please log in to reply

Freestone

Freestone

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi i'm having a problem with a ps/2 mouse on a Windows 2000 box, when clicking on a scroolbar or any yes/no buttons the mouse will hold that button down. I have tried reinstalling the drivers, ran spybot, tryed a brand new moues etc, still the problem is there, any ideas folks? ;)

I may have to go out and buy a usb mouse, but if anyone knows a fix for this, it might save me some money :tazz:

Thanks

Advertisements

revjxns

revjxns

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

Have you checked you definately have the LATEST drivers from your makers website. What is the model of your PC as that may help in figuring ur problem. Also have you got ALL the latest windows updates? And also have u tried microsoft antispyware and full virus scans.

Does the issue happen in any program or ALL?

Cheers.

Freestone

Freestone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Yep tried all what you just said, the problem happens on all windows programs. I have just ran the microsoft antispyware program and it picked up 4 problems, fixed them, and still I get the problem.

revjxns

revjxns

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I would sometimes try a reinstall but I am guessing you have far too much data to backup?

Did you try windows knowledge base or your pc companies knoweldge base?