Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mozilla Problems

• Please log in to reply

Trader1028

Trader1028

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi. I have 2 problems with my Mozilla firefox browser, on 2 different computers.

Problem one a desktop running xp. The book mark pull down menue has 2 tiers of bookmark tabs to bookmark a page. So when I want to bookmark a page the pulldown menu has bookmarks, bookmarks toolbar, a seperating line, then bookmarks, bookmarks toolbar all over again. So it is duplicated. The first set does not work to mark a page, I must use the lower set. I would like to figure out a way to remove the first 2. I tried to re-download the browser. It did not work.

Problem 2 on a notebook running xp. The windows media player will not work with the firefox browser. IE: I like to go to Bloomberg.com and watch live streaming tv. I can do it on my desktop with firefox, however my notebook does not recognize the windows media player already installed and with current updates to the best of my knowledge. I have to use IE now as a result, and it works there.

I have run all anti virus, spybot, ad aware , updates defrag etc...before I posted this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Advertisements

Trader1028

Trader1028

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hi. I have 2 problems with my Mozilla firefox browser, on 2 different computers.

Problem one a desktop running xp. The book mark pull down menue has 2 tiers of bookmark tabs to bookmark a page. So when I want to bookmark a page the pulldown menu has bookmarks, bookmarks toolbar, a seperating line, then bookmarks, bookmarks toolbar all over again. So it is duplicated. The first set does not work to mark a page, I must use the lower set. I would like to figure out a way to remove the first 2. I tried to re-download the browser. It did not work.

Problem 2 on a notebook running xp. The windows media player will not work with the firefox browser. IE: I like to go to Bloomberg.com and watch live streaming tv. I can do it on my desktop with firefox, however my notebook does not recognize the windows media player already installed and with current updates to the best of my knowledge. I have to use IE now as a result, and it works there.

I have run all anti virus, spybot, ad aware , updates defrag etc...before I posted this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I figured out the media player problem by downloading the dll files, here is the link in case anyone else need help, still working on the book mark problem. :whistling:

http://forums.mozill...ic.php?t=206213

Edited by Trader1028, 16 July 2006 - 12:09 PM.

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Can't you open a bookmark window in FF (Bookmarks->Organise Bookmarks) and delete the non-working duplicates?
failing that, make sure you uninstall completely before re-installing. That means manually removing any Mozilla or Firefox folders left over after uninstalling, and removing Mozilla keys in the Registry. Your last re-install didn't solve the problem because you probably failed to do that. You can use the search tool in Explorer and the 'Find' tool in the Registry.

Edited by pip22, 16 July 2006 - 12:30 PM.