Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to keep a steady connection.

• Please log in to reply

Devilotte

Devilotte

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Okay, so I first started to notice this when I was playing an online game, and I started to get disconnected every 3 minutes or so.

The same goes with when I have other applications running, such as MSN or simply browsing the net. The internet will just stop working, for a couple of seconds.

I've been having this problem for the last month or so, and I was more or less hoping it'd go away -- but it hasn't. I've done virus scans, spyware scans, and I've run hijack this and nothing suspicious came up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. ;x

Advertisements

startechie

startechie

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
what type of connection is it? dialup? if so, may want to have your local telco check for line noise. may want to contact your isp to ts the connection.