Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows 2000 error msg boot up

• Please log in to reply

bkelran

bkelran

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I am having to boot it up using minimal drivers

i know the registry is the problem :-( but i don't have the xp disk to redo nor the recovery the computer was given to me.

i have been searching and searching for the fix i dont see the point if putting the hi jack log in because it is not all running any suggestions?

Advertisements

bkelran

bkelran

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
maybe i did not explain enough :-) okay here is the scoop was given a puter has 96 ram
and um ntfs system with a windows xp pro on it as soon as it was turned on it said

UN_MOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i have been stumped 3 weeks i have been yanking my hair at this posessed puter :-) :whistling: grrr

so i did the swith the drives abd that was boobooed and so many othewr thing the regerstry hardly has any thinb left :-))))) :blink: whew that was somekinda research ahhh sorry like to rattle on at this point it has been booting correctly one out of 5 any suggestions? i do not have the cds as i said it was a gift

THANK YOU :thumbsup:for the hep in adavance or justtaking the time to read my stumped post

BB