Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Air Vacum inside case

• Please log in to reply

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
I recently installed a CNPS9500 in my Antec Sonata II with 2 antec tricool fans set to medium. I am quite happy with it however i notice some problems. The case temperature increased after I installed my HSF, now a simple look at my case could suggest a few problems. The 9500 is running at 2400rpm and it's 5 cms away from my case fan which runs at 1300rpm. It seems that there's a air vacum inside the case. because i can literally feel dead spots in the case. Is there anything i can do to over come this problem? (The case temp drops instantly when i open the case up and air starts rushing out to the side)

Thx for the help

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You just need to balance the airflow a little better you need to either lower the HSF fanspeed or increase the rear fans airflow, also on that case is there a side panel fan you might be able to use that as well.

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
You can get round IDE cables to replace the hospital-grey ones. This will get you a better airflow in your case.

It also gives you more space in the case whenever you have to get at something inside it.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if the two fans are so close together that their intake negates each other..you could try making some little cardboard deflectors that might help..you'll have to tweak them to get the airflow correct but if i'm invisioning the issue correctly...you should be able to break the "dead space" this way