Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

printer preference won't appear

• Please log in to reply

estelwen

estelwen

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hi guys, was hoping i could get help here.

recently my com seemed to be infected with a virus but despite several attempts to remove e virus i cldn't even detect or remove e virus.

i'm nt sure if any of the anti virus programmes that i installed in my com has deleted any important files but now whenever i try to access my printer preference to change my printing preference, a box will pop up to say "operation could not be completed". however, my printer can still print documents.

my printer model is canon pixma ip 2000.

i've tried reinstalling my printer but it doesn't solve the problem.

i've also tried reinstalling my system folders by running the system file checker but was unable to complete the process successfully because the XP Home Edition CD-ROM i had was a outdated version.

also, because of my attempts to remove the virus, i've turned off my system restore so i cannot restore my computer to an earlier date.

what should i do?

please help.

many thanks

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Lets make sure you are spyware/virus free before trying to fix the remaining issues.

Start by going here: http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

and post a hijackthis log in the malware forum. Once they have given you a clean bill of health then we can proceed with the troubleshooting/fixing here.

estelwen

estelwen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
haha. sure no prob. i've already posted a hijackthis log on the same day i posted this post but nobody has replied yet. i'll reply u asap once i've got e virus out of my com. thanks lots!