Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

software

• Please log in to reply

nella

nella

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm trying to update some Windows software on my computer through the Microsoft website. As the website checks my computer for validation to continue, I'm getting the following message:

Validation Incomplete: Unable to Perform Validation
[0x80080299]
Why didn’t my machine complete validation?
You have encountered an unknown error. Please contact your local product support team for further assistance with this issue. We are unable to successfully validate your copy of Windows at this time. This means that you will not have access to special content and updates reserved for users of genuine Windows operating systems.

Can anything be done so I can update my system? Please advise, thank you much.

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Is this the first time you get this message or has this always been like this?

nella

nella

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
This is my first time trying to do updates. I have had this computer for over 5 years and I have never done any updates on it because I didn't use the computer much. I have started to use the computer more and that's when I decided to start updating.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Is this copy of XP genuine?