Can someone please help me please??? I have windows xp media ed
*** please note I have done the following copied and pasted below am I missing something???***
Follow these steps to gain access to the folders:
1. Restart the computer into Safe Mode.
a. Shut down the computer.
b. Power on, and when the blue HP Invent or Compaq screen appears, keep
tapping F8. This displays the Windows Advanced
c. Use the arrow keys to move up to Safe Mode and press Enter.
d. Press Enter on Microsoft Windows Whistler Personal or Microsoft
XP Home Edition.
2. Click Administrator and, if applicable, enter the password and press
3. A window will appear asking you for confirmation of keeping in Safe
Mode. Click Yes.
4. Click Start and My Computer. Then, double-click the main hard drive
C:) and Documents and Settings.
5. Right-click the folder name of the user account and click
6. Click Security.
7. Click Advanced.
8. Click Owner (see Figure 1 arrow 1).
9. Place a check mark in Replace owner on subcontainers and objects
Figure 1 arrow 2).
10. Click Apply.
11. Click Yes to the security message.
12. Click OK.
13. Click OK again.
14. Restart the computer and access will be granted to all folders of
Edited by BIRDLOVER71, 18 July 2006 - 12:10 PM.