Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AOL starts up on its own?

• Please log in to reply

carosen

carosen

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I posted this in another area of this website as well, sorry if it is confusing...

I have searched for this topic and couldnt find and answer. I hope someone here can help me.

I use microsoft outlook for email and Firefox for internet.
My wife uses AOL for everything.

2-3 times an hour, and only when I am using Firefox, the AOL program will just startup and log in by itself. This will cause my Firefox to freeze up and I have to close out the program and restart.

I am currently using Charter Communications Security Suite for my security.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? I hope this is an easy fix.

Thx in advance for all advice and help.

C.--

Advertisements

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
This should only happen if the AOL Client is set as your default browser, and if it is it should be changed to firefox. If AOL is not set as your defualt browser go into control Panel/Folder Options and change all of the file formats that use AOL to something else (Like firefox.)