Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Error message SHUTTING internet off

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I am running on Windows XP and IE 6.0 and have been having this prob since about 2 weeks ago. It does not happen all the time, but it has been frequent for the past 2 days. I get an error box saying: C:/Windows/system32/svchost.exe If I click it my internet does not work anymore. Sometimes my internet is not working even if I have connected. I am using dial up and I had talked to the company and they said that they were having trouble in the area. This was a week ago. Now this box keeps popping up and messing up everything, so now I know that it is my comp.

Can this be fixed? IF so, how?