Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Office Problem

• Please log in to reply

megamyx

megamyx

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
hi ppl, i encountered a problem where all microsoft office applications (word, excel, & the likes) didn't have submenu under their menu bar; a blank submenu box appears (w/o any buttons or selections to choose from) whenever i click the bottons - file, menu, edit, etc. of the menu bar. Also, when i tried right clicking anywhere in the application's environment & document, a blank popup menu appeared, not even 1 option like copy, paste or cut were available.

does anybody have the solution for this? why did it happen? what do i do to restore or make those submenu & popupmenu buttons appear?

really need help..

Edited by megamyx, 20 July 2006 - 05:26 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
start > settings > control panel> add/remove programs > find your install of office in the list > click the "change" button > choose reinstall or repair

megamyx

megamyx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
thanks! i'll try it later. as of now i found another problem, when i click the start button of the taskbar, like this :
start > all programs > accessories >

or any other submenu under all programs

i couldn't see any menu under the submenu of "all program", a blank submenu appeared. the problem is the same with my first post. i think it has a connection with the prob a have with microsoft office submenu & popup menu.

help... anybody?

Edited by megamyx, 22 July 2006 - 04:26 AM.