Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

File wont delete

• Please log in to reply

cianjg

cianjg

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi ppl i had a jepg picture that would not open and then eventualy it says no picture or somthing along thoese lines.So i tried to delete the picture but it did not have the delete option so i used incinerator which comes with system mechanic 6 pro but it still wouldent delete so i did my old trick of moving everything i dident ant deleted from that file to a new file and then i tried deleting the old file with the picture using incinerator again but it did the same so i used the incinerator wizard but it said 1. "File not on disk" 2.Filename to long" 3. File cannot be located so i tried renaming it but it said "File not on disk" so i ytried again and it worked but it left behind the file and i think maby the jepg although it does not come up in the file.I have tried using the normal delete function but it says " file being used by another program please close other program but it is not" but it is not so i scaned it with avg,zone-alarm and ad-aware (also northan anti-virus but northan is rubbish :blink: ) and they found nothing any tips ppl
thnks :whistling: :help:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you tried removing it in safe mode?