Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Shifting Volume

• Please log in to reply

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Well I am using onboard sound since x fi is giving me a lot of trouble, the on board uses ac97 audio codec. I was able to install it without much problem, however I noticed a few problems with the sound. The volume goes up and down periodically, it just decides to get lounder and quieter, no real pattern and the shift in the volume is not insanely drastic but definitely noticiable. Also when i shut down windows i don't get the sign off chime.
The driver that i installed came from the microsoft website, there is another driver that comes from realtek for the ac97 driver for vista, but i had trouble installing it.
So if any 1 can help me out that'd be great.
Merci Beaucoup

Advertisements