Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SEVERE Computer Problems

• Please log in to reply

Quari

Quari

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hi,

I am having persistent problems with my computer which, despite numerous attempts, cannot be solved - is there any way in which I can reformat the system entirely without having to recover it? I would not like to have to recover it if I don't have to - the system is just continually slow and unresponsive and whenever it seems to be sorted a few days later it will return to its awful state. Would anyone be able to walk me through a process to recover my computer as it has got to the stage where it is almost impossible to complete any task on it...

Many thanks.

Edited by Quari, 21 July 2006 - 06:55 AM.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
What do you mean, "recover it"? Do you mean the System Recovery CD(s) that your computer manufacturer sent you?

Quari

Quari

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Yeah, that's what I meant - it just seems personally that there are no other options. Thanks.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
If you do not want to use the manufacturer's CD(s) to reinstall windows, which you must only want to do becuase they always come with extra software, then you can go to your local computer store and buy Windows XP from them and do it yourself... It'll cost anywhere from $100-$200 however.

Quari

Quari

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hi, in attempting to resolve these problems myself, I came across a few more specifics which may help in solving the issues with my computer. I did not want to "recover" my computer as such, I was simply stating that I was willing to if there was no other option - sorry for the confusion.

When attempting to run an ewido scan - I was greeted with a blue screen which read:

http://img305.images...color01bdz9.jpg

Also, I am suspicious of a processing continually running called "wowexec.exe" as its "Mem Usage" field is blank and it re-opens itself whenever I choose to close it.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Quari, 21 July 2006 - 02:27 PM.