Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Someone save my insanity?Wireless problem.

• Please log in to reply

Coolbrain

Coolbrain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
sorry,but it didnt work.Same message. :whistling:

Advertisements

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
From your Last Pic.... Please scroll down and list all the elements in the Stack... You are only showing the first couple items.

Does the built in wireless work....

Please also Post a screen shot of the following screens:

1. Click on Start
2. Click on Run
3. Type in: ncpa.cpl and hit OK
4. Post a screenshot of the Network Connections Screen
5. Right Click on your Wireless device and select Status
6. Post a screenshot of the Status screen With the General Tab selected
7. Click the Properties Button
8. Post a screenshot of the Wireless Network Connection Properties screen with the General Tab Selected
9. Post a screenshot of the Wireless Network Connection Properties screen with the Wireless Networks Tab Selected
10. Select the Preferred Network you connect to and click the Properties button
11. Post a screenshot of this properties window
12. Back to the Wireless Network Connection Properties screen with the Advanced Tab Selected
13. Post a screenshot of the Wireless Network Connection Properties screen with the Advanced Tab Selected
14. Back to the Wireless Network Connection Properties screen under the Wireless Networks tab and click the Advanced Button
15. Post a screenshot of this Advanced window
16. Back to the Wireless Connection Status window and select the View Wireless Networks button
17. Post a screenshot of this View Wireless Networks window

When completed, You should have 8 Pics from steps 1 thru 17 and a complete list of the itmes in your TCP/IP stack as directed from the beginning of this post

Edited by SpaceCowboy706, 02 August 2006 - 06:55 PM.

loydchristmas

loydchristmas

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
I know this isnt help but im having the exact same problem since i switches my wifi card. Im rootin for ya buddy, and im watching to see all the steps it takes so maybe i can fix mine. Everyone appreciates you helping out cowboy.

loydchristmas

loydchristmas

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Cowboy if u get his figured out please take a look at my post. Im following all the steps as you guys go.

GlitzyQueen

GlitzyQueen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same ANNOYING problem; BUT I am not wireless and am using a Linksys wirelessG router. I have another computer hooked up to the same router that has no problems.

I have swapped ports, swaped cables, ran spyware and antivirus scans. I am going nuts.

This computer used to work just fine. It seems that the problem started after I uninstalled Norton Internet Security. Not sure but sure is coincidental. Wondering if it is sabotage (paranoia) or bad uninstall program

Anyway, if you find out what the problem is I would sure appreciate a heads up. I am not so sure it has anything to do with wireless or d-link.