Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphic card problems, PLEASE HELP!

• Please log in to reply

Nausicaa

Nausicaa

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello,

I am having a major problem here, 3 months ago I had a GeForce 6600GT in my computer, then it kind of broke so I sent it back to the company with warranty and I waited until they send me a new one...

In the meantime, I installed an ATI 330x graphic card, which is really [bleep] btw...

Today i recieved my new GeForce 6600GT graphic card, so I uninstalled everything related to ATI, also erased the files that the uninstall didn't remove, and I installed the nvidia card with the latest drivers from the website...

So everything works well until I get into games, all games are having the same problems, there are black squares all over the screen...

I also tried to go into my control panel and get into nvidia control panel to configure my card, and when I go into configuring my 3D section, it shows me nvidia logo turning around for me to configure quality to performance, but also that nvidia logo have black squares all over it...

I tried playing videos, and there was no problem with the videos...

I reinstalled the driver, but it is still doing the same thing...

I also reinstalled my VIA chipset driver...which didnt help

One thing weird that happens, is when I reboot my computer, there's a message that pops up after reboot, it is telling me that SLI rendering was turned off because I don't have another graphic card, my old card wasn't SLI technology, this one, so I don't know if the problem is related to that or not...

Can anyone please help me?

Here is my computer info...

Abit AX8 v2.0 motherboard
AMD Athlon 64bit 3000+
GeForce 6600GT SLI technology
SB Live! 5.1
160GB SATA HD, 40GB HD
Windows XP 32bit home edition

Thank you

Advertisements

Haz

Haz

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Just a ider but you might want to try using a slitly older driver from Nvidia.