Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty 2...Mic Mutes?

• Please log in to reply

mark3333

mark3333

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Firstly, thanks for the time you lads put into this forum

I'm a bit of a newby...Sorry if you've covered this topic but i couldn't see it posted anywhere

reg..Call of Duty 2

When the new patch 1.3 installed, my mic mutes just as i join game??? TS works fine till my weapon loads out then it mutes???

If i close game and open master volume, i find the mute ticked??? I have also left game running, when mic muted, and gone to desktop to try and uncheck mute in master volume but its not checked??? only shows up when i close game, also when i uncheck i have to close and reopen TS for it to work again

I have gone into my config_mp files and checked this "seta winvoice_mic_mute "0"" I belive this is the correct settings...I have done this to both config_mp files...one in aimx folder and the one in main folder???

I have gone into Windows task Manager>processes>Teamspeak.exe and set the priority to high???

I have also turned off ingame chat???

Unfortunatly none of these things have worked?!?!?!?!

Thanking you in advance for your reply's!!!

Mark

P.S. is there anyway to "watch this topic" so you receive a email when someone replies???

Edited by mark3333, 23 July 2006 - 03:57 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
how do you normally launch your game? I user "the all seeing eye' or "x-fire". occasionally issues occure with those methods. To get around it launch your game straight from the executable. make sure the mic optioin is disbabled. exit game. Relaunch as you normally do.

If you still have issues you either may have to remove and reinstall teamspeak or reinstall cod2. This has been an issue before the 1.3 patch. It has a lot more to do with how TS works than with the game, but they both step on each others toes.

mark3333

mark3333

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks starjax...

Will let you know how i get on

Cheers

Mark!!!

mark3333

mark3333

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
sorry but still muting...

When you say "To get around it launch your game straight from the executable. make sure the mic optioin is disbabled."

Do you mean start the game from the cod2 shortcut on desktop or inserting disc and starting from splash screen that pop's up??? or does that matter???

Disable mic option??? is that in my control panel???

thanks again

mark