Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound error message

• Please log in to reply

The killer

The killer

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi all,

Help!- The volum controls and all the volums are gone and when i try to access the volum control Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Entertainment -> Volum control I get an error message saying " There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, Go to control panel, click printer and other hardware, and then click add hardware." "This program will now close". I have recently installed Mcafee Security suit and i recently updated it and this problem occured after the update so i think the update might have some thing to do with the problem- Well i am a newbie and i dont know much about computers, so i hope you guys can help me solve this problem. And also i would like to bring to ur attention that i had some trouble with some "bad ware" i.e adware, viruses, Tojan etc....

Thankz in advance.
The killer

Edited by The killer, 24 July 2006 - 04:10 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
What do you get if you click start, control panel, sounds and speech, sounds and audio, then check for show volume icon in the taskbar, volume settings

What is shown as the default sound device on the audio tab

The killer

The killer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi Keith
I thank you very much for intrest and support. I would like to let you know that i have fixed the problem with a little help from my friends.

I did the followings to solve the problem:

1. Click on Start and then Run
2. Type services.msc in the box.
3. Right click on the Windows Audio
4. Change the startup type to automatic and make sure the service status has been set to started
5. Click Apply and then Ok
6. Restart the computer to see if it has made any changes.

If anyone has had the same problem, using this method the problem can be solved.

I thank all the Geeks to Go forum staff for taking an interest in my problem.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for posting your solution