Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need major help in Call of Duty United Offensive LAN server making

• Please log in to reply

Callofduty:UO rocks

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
:) OK. Now i know almost nothing about computers. So here's my problem i click on the start new server button, click LAN dedicated and then start. the screen then goes to a call of duty console screen with a lot of words and a green background. Am I supposed to do something there? :blink: :help: :whistling:

Here is what the console says....
CODUO MP 1.51 build win-x86 Dec 6 2004
----- FS_Startup -----
Current language: english
Current search path:
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\zz_uo_BlueDotn_v4.pk3 (14 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\platinum_war_mod_smokegrenade_colors.pk3 (7 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\platinum_war_mod_client_download_file.pk3 (7 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\platinum_war_mod_client_download_file.59953be6.pk3 (43 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pierrambo_hotel_2.pk3 (104 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo07.pk3 (157 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo06.pk3 (12 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo05.pk3 (3 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo04.pk3 (7646 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo03.pk3 (2275 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo02.pk3 (790 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo01.pk3 (1657 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo00.pk3 (6233 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\landing_zone_night.pk3 (12 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/uo
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\paka.pk3 (41 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak9.pk3 (149 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak8.pk3 (235 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak6.pk3 (3 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak5.pk3 (4858 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak4.pk3 (1668 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak3.pk3 (1992 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak2.pk3 (694 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak1.pk3 (2642 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak0.pk3 (12816 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/main
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\localized_english_pakuo02.pk3 (12 files)
localized assets pak file for english
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\localized_english_pakuo01.pk3 (37 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\localized_english_pakuo00.pk3 (2578 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\localized_english_pak3.pk3 (7 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\localized_english_pak2.pk3 (9 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\localized_english_pak1.pk3 (3736 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\localized_english_pak0.pk3 (1204 files)

File Handles:
----------------------
51641 files in pk3 files
execing default_mp.cfg
couldn't exec language.cfg
execing uoconfig_mp.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec_mp.cfg
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
...detecting CPU, found Intel Pentium III
Measured CPU speed is 2.53 GHz
System memory is 510 MB (capped at 1 GB)
Video card memory is 64 MB
Streaming SIMD Extensions (SSE) supported

Winsock Initialized
Opening IP socket: localhost:28960
Hostname: DBWNGCB1
IP: 169.254.208.27
IP: 207.14.131.69
----- Client Initialization -----
----- Initializing Renderer ----
-------------------------------
----- Client Initialization Complete -----
----- R_Init -----
Initializing OpenGL subsystem
...initializing QGL
...calling LoadLibrary( 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\opengl32.dll' ): succeeded
...setting mode 4: 800 600 FS
...using colorbits of 32
...calling CDS: ok
...registered window class
...created window@0,0 (800x600)
Initializing OpenGL driver
...getting DC: succeeded
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 8 )
...41 PFDs found
...hardware acceleration found
...PIXELFORMAT 6 selected
...creating GL context: succeeded
...making context current: succeeded
Initializing OpenGL extensions
...using OpenGL 1.2 draw element range
...using OpenGL 1.3 texture add environment mode
...using OpenGL 1.3 texture combine environment mode
...using OpenGL 1.3 texture dot3 environment mode
...using OpenGL 1.3 cube map textures
...using GL_ARB_vertex_program
...GL_NV_texture_shader not found
...GL_NV_register_combiners not found
...using WGL_EXT_swap_control
...using OpenGL 1.3 multitexture
...using GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array
...using OpenGL 1.2 normal rescaling
...GL_ATI_pn_triangles not found
...using GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object
...GL_NV_fog_distance not found
...GL_NV_vertex_array_range not found
...GL_NV_fence not found
...GL_ATI_vertex_array_object not found
...GL_ATI_fragment_shader not found
...ignoring GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic

GL_VENDOR: Intel
GL_RENDERER: Intel 865G
GL_VERSION: 1.3.0 - Build 4.14.10.4299
GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_cull_vertex GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1 GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_WIN_swap_hint
WGL_EXTENSIONS: WGL_ARB_buffer_region WGL_ARB_extensions_string WGL_ARB_make_current_read WGL_ARB_pixel_format WGL_ARB_pbuffer WGL_EXT_swap_control
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE: 2048
GL_MAX_ACTIVE_TEXTURES_ARB: 4

PIXELFORMAT: color(32-bits) Z(24-bit) stencil(8-bits)
MODE: 4, 800 x 600 fullscreen hz:60
GAMMA: hardware w/ 0 overbright bits
CPU: Intel Pentium III
rendering primitives: single glDrawElements
texturemode: GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST
picmip: 2
picmip2: 2
texture bits: 0
multitexture: enabled
compiled vertex arrays: enabled
texenv add: enabled
ATI truform: disabled
NV distance fog: disabled
Initializing Shaders
----- finished R_Init -----

------- Miles sound system initialization -------
Attempting 44 kHz 16 bit stereo sound
2D provider initialized at 9969280 0 90439028
available 3D providers:
Aureal A3D Interactive ™
Aureal A3D 2.0 ™
DirectSound3D Software Emulation
DirectSound3D Hardware Support
DirectSound3D 7+ Software - Pan and Volume
DirectSound3D 7+ Software - Light HRTF
DirectSound3D 7+ Software - Full HRTF
Creative Labs EAX 3 ™
Creative Labs EAX 2 ™
Creative Labs EAX ™
RAD Game Tools RSX 3D Audio
Dolby Surround
Miles Fast 2D Positional Audio
using 3D provider 'Miles Fast 2D Positional Audio'
32 max 3D channels
------- Miles successfully initialized -------
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
Working directory: C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition
PunkBuster Client: PunkBuster Client (v1.216 | A0) Enabled
PunkBuster Client: Game Version [CODUO MP 1.51 build 1463 Dec 6 2004 20:33:18 win-x86]
PunkBuster Client: Not Connected to a Server
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success
...deleting GL context: success
...releasing DC: success
...destroying window
...resetting display
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
-----------------------
Hitch warning: 976 msec frame time
couldn't exec mp_carentan_bel.cfg
------ Server Initialization ------
Server: mp_carentan
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
----- FS_Startup -----
Current language: english
Current search path:
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\zz_uo_BlueDotn_v4.pk3 (14 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\platinum_war_mod_smokegrenade_colors.pk3 (7 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\platinum_war_mod_client_download_file.pk3 (7 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\platinum_war_mod_client_download_file.59953be6.pk3 (43 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pierrambo_hotel_2.pk3 (104 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo07.pk3 (157 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo06.pk3 (12 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo05.pk3 (3 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo04.pk3 (7646 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo03.pk3 (2275 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo02.pk3 (790 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo01.pk3 (1657 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo00.pk3 (6233 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\landing_zone_night.pk3 (12 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/uo
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\paka.pk3 (41 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak9.pk3 (149 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak8.pk3 (235 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak6.pk3 (3 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak5.pk3 (4858 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak4.pk3 (1668 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak3.pk3 (1992 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak2.pk3 (694 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak1.pk3 (2642 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak0.pk3 (12816 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/main
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\localized_english_pakuo02.pk3 (12 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\localized_english_pakuo01.pk3 (37 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\localized_english_pakuo00.pk3 (2578 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\localized_english_pak3.pk3 (7 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\localized_english_pak2.pk3 (9 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\localized_english_pak1.pk3 (3736 files)
C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\localized_english_pak0.pk3 (1204 files)

File Handles:
----------------------
51641 files in pk3 files
------- Game Initialization -------
gamename: CoD:United Offensive
gamedate: Dec 6 2004
0 teams with 0 entities
-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------
PunkBuster Server: 0 Aliases Written to pbalias.dat
PunkBuster Server: 0 Stat Records Written to pbstat.dat
PunkBuster Server: Preparing to Disable PB Server... (C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\pb\)
Hitch warning: 4088 msec frame time

tell me if anything is wrong here.

Edited by Callofduty:UO rocks, 24 July 2006 - 04:30 PM.

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
First off, you can NOT play in a dedicated server you created. A dedicated server is usually run from a computer meant for the purpose of running a server. If you start a dedicated server, you won't be able to play in it. You need to just start a regular server.

Also, are you trying to play online or with some pals in the same house/area?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
So is starting a regular server just local or no. I just wanna start a server to have a server not really to play with anybody i know. I will need to use 2 computers to start a dedicated u say? IF that b the case then will the computer i hav with the console screen need to b a special type of computer or just one that can run the game. If I would b able to start a dedicated server what will i need to put in the console screen if nething at all. I might occasionally wanna play with some buds in my house. :whistling: :blink: :help:

Edited by Callofduty:UO rocks, 26 July 2006 - 01:20 AM.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Unless someone's paying you to run a dedicated server, forget that option all together. If you just want to try out the maps, just run a LAN server (not dedicated) and learn the maps. If you want to play with people, then you just start an internet game.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Why would someone hav to pay me to make a dedicated server. And then what your saying is to make a LAN or internet server, the console still pops up when i click on LAN and press start. thnx for the help so far :whistling: :help: :) :blink:

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Most servers you play on in multiplayer games are rented out. Dedicated server runners are the ones who run the server while you pay them to do so.

I haven't played CoD in a long time but to make a LAN or internet just start a regular multiplayer game and not a dedicated one.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
thnx for the help and how will i know if anyone can even see my server on t he lists. without dedicating it.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
The only way I tested is using Skype, I'd ask my friend to search the name of my server (which would be like, Poop monster, or something like that so it'd be easy to find) and if he saw it, it worked!

MoViEsTaR

MoViEsTaR

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

First off, you can NOT play in a dedicated server you created. A dedicated server is usually run from a computer meant for the purpose of running a server. If you start a dedicated server, you won't be able to play in it. You need to just start a regular server.

Also, are you trying to play online or with some pals in the same house/area?

Yes you can play in a dedicated and lan server that you create on the same pc!... where do you get you information from blackpandemic??? you talk utter rubbish in all the posts i see you reply in!

Callofduty:uo rocks your console looks fine and is up and running altho you have got 2 mods running in the /uo folder (PWM from 2 server and a blue dot crosshair mod) which is fine as your running a cod server so your not doing anything wrong...
when you get this console screen up just start your cod again from your shortcut and you will be able to join the server you have just created, ps. it will only be visable in your lan games tho.

What you have done will work fine as a LAN server but you will need to do a few things more if you wish to run as dedicated internet server for your friends to play on it from the internet.

Happy to help you with this if thats what you want to do?

Edited by MoViEsTaR, 30 July 2006 - 03:34 PM.

MoViEsTaR

MoViEsTaR

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Running a dedicated internet server from home is fine and anyone can do this and play on it from the same computer as the server is running on. I have explained how to do this in a simple way in the 'how to start a coduo server' thread that is pinned in this forum.

The problem with running a dedicated internet server from home is that you are limited in more ways than 1 but if your thinking of getting into running a game server then i would recumend doing this to get use to the controls and also the workings of a running server.

Disadvantages of running a game server from home

1).You will be lucky to host a server that holds more than 14 players with your home internet speed before everyone 999 pings or lag will get so bad that its nearly impossible to play on.

2).Running mods and mod maps require the client to download these files from your server.. this is ok but as an example a mod map that is 3mb in size will take a very long time to download at a maximum of 12kbs (12kbs being the max speed that the server will allow directly for downloading)

3).The host of the server will have a 0 ping, sounds great huh? well it kinda an unfair advantage on other players with say a 100 ping...you will think your the best player in the world as you keep killing them and really annoy the **** out of the other players.

4).Unless you leave your computer on 24-7 your server will shut down.

Advantages of running a server from home.

1). ITS FREE :whistling:

2). Great for testing maps and mods

3). Teaches you how game server work and there controls.

4). Great for a small clan wanting to play there own game and maybe advertise there clan.

Advantages of hiring a game server

1). Most good game server hosts will give a free website for you and your clan.

2). You will be able to run http and/or ftp redirect downloads for your mods and maps (cod 1.3 doesnt support redirect downloading tho).

3). Your server will be online 24-7

4). Tech support for any problems with the server.

5). Everyone will have a good ping

6). Lag issues are rare with good hosts

7). Dont know of any disadvantages.

Advertisements

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
How would i hire some1 to use my server for lagless gameplay. And i tried starting a server again dedicated LAN and i clicked on my shortcut to mp and still couldnt see my server newhere. Ne solutions.

MoViEsTaR

MoViEsTaR

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I think you have the hiring of game servers a little mixed up coduorocks :whistling:

This is what blackpandemic meant about hiring a server.

http://www.killercre...?page=dedicated

I gotta go to work now coduo rocks but ill send you a pm to sort your server out.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
When you hire (also known as renting) a server, a center somewhere starts a game with your specifications on the machine you choose. I know in Battlefield 2, there's an in-game option to Rent an official server.

If you have the money (such as larger clans, or just rich people), you can have multiple servers running (like my BF2 main servers all belong to 50klicks).

So if you want someone else to run the server on a good machine, without you having to worry about it, renting is the best solution (they also stay up 24 hours, unlike if you started your own, it would end when you closed the game/server).

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
thnx for all the help. I don't think ill rent a server so ill just play on others unless some1 knows how to run a server without me having to pay some1 to do it. :whistling:

MoViEsTaR

MoViEsTaR

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

thnx for all the help. I don't think ill rent a server so ill just play on others unless some1 knows how to run a server without me having to pay some1 to do it. :whistling:

Ive just gots nite's server working great with a wireless router.. would you like me to show you how to set it up?