Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IP problem - really annoying

• Please log in to reply

Dominicc2003

Dominicc2003

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Hi guys,
I'm with AOL and connect to the internet with a wireless router. Now my IP used to be recognised as a US one (I live in the UK) which I could understand because AOL is american. However now my IP (and all the IPs of anyone who uses my wireless) are recognised as french!
This is really annoying! When I go on to google it forwards me to the french one. When I try to use UK only sites (eg. "the highstreetweb") i can't because they see my IP as french!
Also, I just checked and I'm not using a proxy

Is there any way that I can get it changed to a normal UK IP?

I just ticked the box in IE-Options-Connections-Lan Settings saying "Automatically detect settings" - I'll tell you if that works...

Thanks,
Dom

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i would contact AOL....they are the ones who are assigning your IP address and therefore would be in control of that