Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CAN ANYONE PLZ HELP ME......im such a noob

• Please log in to reply

billy12345

billy12345

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok heres my story...... i bought half life 2 and it comes with steam and counter strike along time ago. I had to put it on a different computer then the one in my room cause i didnt have internet at that time. Now i do and i wanted half life 2 and steam and counter strike on my computer. so i instal it on and i start putting in the cd key. it says it alredy exists on a different acount. so after a while of frustration i just decided to uninstal the steam account on the other computer. STILL DIDNT WORK. so i checked the website it said that uninstalling dose not free the cd keys.......SO WHAT DO I DO NOW :blink: im lost can anyone plz give me step by step instrutions (cause im not to computer smart) so i can play my game :whistling:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you need to install steam with the same id that you had originally used.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Yes, once you install the game once with the CD's you won't need them again. Put them into storage :whistling: Just install steam on your new computer and log into the account name you have (the account from the other computer). Then double-click on the games you want to install and there you go!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The CDs are kinda handy as you need to download the game files online if you only install steam, but stajax is correct steam gaves everyone with a key there own acccount which can be used on ANY computer with steam so you just install it with the old account details.