Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DLL Files in XP ...

• Please log in to reply

brenny

brenny

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a system that has XP Pro on it. I just reinstalled XP Pro due to a million and a half viruses on the computer.

I am attempting to install a security system (PCI Card and Software) onto this computer. The security system is made by Q-See (www.q-see.com). I have contacted their technical support department regarding the issues I am having, but have had no luck at all getting anything other than "I don't know" type answers.

So, when I attempt to install the software, I get the following error message:

"An option you selected requires that files be installed or uninstalled from your system, or both. A locked file __________, was found while performing the needed file operations. To leave this file as it is on your system, click the ignore button, to retry the file operation click retry or to perform the operation when your system is rebooted, click reboot."

The files that are listed in this error message each time it comes up are as follows:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ADVAPI32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\COMCTL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\COMDLG32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\NETAPI32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SHLWAPI.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCRT.DLL

I have tried replacing these files from www.dll-files.com, but I am still getting the same message during installation.

HELP!!!! :tazz:

Advertisements

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
hi brenny and welcome to Geeks To Go,
I am looking inot your problem to see if I can get an answer for you. Please be patient while this is researched.

To help me in the research could you be little more specific as to exactly which one of their systems your are using?

Thanks

Edited by Efwis, 18 March 2005 - 08:43 AM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
What version of windows xp are you running? RTM, SP1, SP2?

Is the software been tested on sp2?

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts

I have a system that has XP Pro on it.

As for the SP! or SP2 that is a good question