Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NAV'05 Reaccurring Security Alert

• Please log in to reply

theBoar

theBoar

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hello, I hope i'm posting this in the right forum (sorry if i'm not).
I'm having a slight issue with NAV2005.
I have a P2P software installed on my computer, i've had this program installed for quite some time with no problems. Today I downloaded the newest version of that software and installed it. Once i ran the program i immediately recieved a Security Alert message from NAV. The message asked me if i wanted to Permit or Block the program from running. The problem is that this message will reaccur everytime i close it. No matter if i Permit or Block the program in question, the NAV message will keep popping up immediately after i close the box. And it will keep doing so until i shut down the P2P program. I've tried re-installing the P2P program but to no avail.
Can someone help me with this issue please :whistling:
untitled.JPG

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
is it an online program your using

cause if it is you should be able to allow byadding it to norton allow list

do you have this click advance

click add site

type in website

theBoar

theBoar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hello, thanks for your reply.
With Norton AntiVirus 2005 I am unable to access any of those options that you reccommended. The only options that i have are whats in the attached picture.
I should also meantion that the PSP program that i'm running is BitComet. Every time i run the program i get that reacurring Norton window. I have to hide it at the very bottom of my screne just so its out of the way. Once i close BitComet however, the Norton window will no longer re-appear.
Any suggestions??
:whistling:
untitled.JPG

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
lets see script blocking an miscallaneous

theBoar

theBoar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
untitled.JPG untitled2.JPG

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
open up your anti virus ............... click on manual scan ................ click on exclusion ............... click on new................. then type in the website exactly as it shows on the address bar ............... click ok try that

if that dont work consider the following
since you download the newest version of your p2p maybe you need to upgrade your norton so you could gain access to p2p unless you have norton antispam it has that option to add that website

theBoar

theBoar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
I'm unsure what you mean by "...type in the website exactly as it shows on the address bar". What is the website that you're reffering to? Is this a webpage issue? :whistling:

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
not a web page issue what im trying to do is allowing norton to let the website your trying to access

by typing that website where you get the pop up that you cant allow or blockjust maybe it will allow it

i have to do that my self but i have norton internet security and it gives me that option so im wondering if thats the same option in nnorton antivirus

you can try that out

your p2p program must have a website that sends its cookies back to its homepage thats the page you should type in the exclusion section of your norton

unless there something about p2p that could infect you

theBoar

theBoar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
sorry but i'm unable to find a web adress. What now?

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
whats the name of p2p and where did you download it from ill find its homepage give me some specs on your software or even where the updates come from