Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error messgae VCI_Task.exe

• Please log in to reply

funguygiru

funguygiru

• Pip
  • 7 posts
:blink: :whistling:
Hi Folks,

A error message comes every time I boot up my VAIO Notebook.
It says Windows doesn't have permission to access the file VCI_Task.exe which is in
C:\Program Files\sony\VAIO Cooperated Initialisation

The file is there in location but is showing permission error. System boots up with the message and when I click ok it goes and everything is normal, I persume.....

Kindly help

Thank you

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm not getting any rellevant info on that program...but it's a vaio specific process (obviously) can you set the permissions on the folder that contains the file so that the everyone group has full access to the folder?

funguygiru

funguygiru

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for the tip. How do I change the permission rights in the folder? Im sorry but I didn't understand by what you meant everyone group can have access to the folder. Could you please elaborate? Sorry for my ignorance....

Cheers mate

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
right click on the folder and choose properties...then go to the security tab...click the add button...then type in everyone then press ok..and give them at the very least read permissions (for this test i'd give that group full control)

funguygiru

funguygiru

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
thanks.In the folder options there are only 3 menus. General, Sharing & Customize. Iin sharing there is only Local sharing and security & Network sharing and security other than windows firewall. I CAN'T FIND ANY OTHER SECURITY TAB IN THE MAIN PROPERTIES WINDOW OF THE FOLDER.

I use webroot spy sweeper and Norton Internet security as well.
Cheers

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
on the sharing tab...is anything greyed out?

funguygiru

funguygiru

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
In the sharing tab

in the local hsaring & secuirty "MAKE THIS FOLDER PRIVATE" grey
in network sharing its grey because i have not shared the folder in the network.

Can I put a screen shot for you to see, please?

Attached Files

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
are you logged on as a user with administrative privelages?

funguygiru

funguygiru

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm the only user and have not yet created any other profiles as of yet.

Walko

Walko

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I too have the same problem, it also doesnt allow me to change the brightness button on my Sony Vaio now.

Any Ideas.

Please help.

funguygiru

funguygiru

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi Walko,
DSENETTE didn't get back to me after this last post. I have tried to find the casue and a solution to the problem, but failed. I believe my problem started after I installed IE latest beta version from the windows downloads. Thats just my guess.

I backed up everything and I did what I had to...Put the VAIO recovery dvds I had made and got the recovery done to my orginal factory setting. It was a pain but more pain to have the problem. I had to install all the extra applications.

If you have found a solution to the problem, pls do post it. I need it to know why it has come up in the first place to prevent futurfe occurances.

Cheers mate

Walko

Walko

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hmmm, Interesting.

I too had just installed the IE7. Beta 3

Well I haven't backed anything up, and its still there everytime i boot up. But its strange the way it has effected my Laptop and the quick buttons for screen brightness.

Anyhow , Thanks for getting back to me.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
sorry for losing you guys....any chance of uninstalling IE7 to see if the issue goes away? there could be a connection