Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Putting a site on Verizon Mysite

• Please log in to reply

Kadhity

Kadhity

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I've a site on verizon.mysite.net and I want to update it. I originally did the site in MS Frontpage and it has the frontpage extensions in it. I tried to upload the update and it would only do it via ftp, which loses the frontpage extensions. I called Verizon customer service, which was not helpful at all (the guy didn't know how to do it.).

Does anyone here know how to do this?

Advertisements

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
I despise Frontpage, but that being said you should just be able take the files you have changed locally along with the extensions and then FTP them all to the site...

Does Frontpage have a built in FTP function similar to Dreamweaver? If that is the case, punch in your Verizon host information and use the FTP function that way...

Kadhity

Kadhity

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Editorial comments not appreciated.

I tried that first. With frontpage, however, you have to choose one of several upload options. If the site supports frontpage extensions, it'll allow that as an option. Otherwise it won't and the stuff that uses those extensions isn't uploaded. So, at the moment I'm stuck. I know there was a way to do it because we did it before.

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
I obviously assume that your host has FP extensions enabled for you?

If so, honestly, I would call and speak to a different support tech who did know.

Kadhity

Kadhity

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Yes they have them enabled. I'm now on tech support person #3.

Kadhity

Kadhity

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Person 3 transferred me to person 4. Person 4 was in the wrong division of the company and couldn't even access the information. I called back to get person 5. The help system menu dumped me to a pharmacy in California, USA. Yes, a real pharmacy that sold pharmaceuticals and had nothing to do with Verizon. I went back and meddled with the site until I figured it out myself. Sigh.