Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Antec Smartpower not compatible with my mobo or video card?

• Please log in to reply

jab123

jab123

• Pip
  • 9 posts
So I bought an Antec SmartPower 2.0 500W, installed it, and I plug everything in, boot it up and it doesnt boot. As soon as I press the power, my monitor shows all these colors and stuff (like blocks of red, blue, white, and green) I guess you can call 'em artifacts, although there not like the stuff I'd get in game from overclocking, and then I can see a group of lines, that are arranged on my screen like:

_______________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________________________________________________________

and there all going down and repeating their cycle from the top...I don't understand why this doesn't work, I've tried it on other monitors, I've attempted to boot up more than once, and it took 3 hours of like a waste of time figuring out what's wrong with it. I'm beginning to think that Antec is incompatible with my ASUS video card or my dell made mobo...

my rig: P4 2.8GHz, Intel Springdale 865GV mobo, 1.75GB DDR RAM, ASUS 512MB DDR2 N6800 AGP, and that power supply that doesn't work....the one that does as to how im using the computer right now is a Dell 250W.

Anyone have any ideas as to what's up with this power supply? Replies appreciated.

Advertisements

jab123

jab123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Nevermind....I realized that Dell only works with certain PSU's, it doesn't work with most because of the different ATX configuration.

Close or delete this topic mods.