Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iertutil.dll was not found

• Please log in to reply

mantacore532

mantacore532

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I recently uninstalled IE 7 Beta 2 and went back to IE 6. But since then when I try to open programs like uTorrent and Google Earth I get this error saying "this application has failed to start because iertutil.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem." I already tried reinstalling and it didnt do anything. If anyone could help, that would be great. BTW I am running Windows XP Home, SP2.
Thanks

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://uberkuh.com/node/666 give that a read

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you probably just need to worry about the part about locating the missing file...not so much the install of ie7 beta 3

mantacore532

mantacore532

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Thank you very much for that link. I ended up just d/ling the two .dll files again.