Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Needing video capture software

• Please log in to reply

Crater

Crater

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Hey guys. I was looking for some kind of free video software that would let me record footage while I was in a game, save it as ".wmv", ".avi", ".mpg", ".mpeg", ".qt," or ".mov" format. Or another program that I can use to convert it is fine as well. So i can stick it in ZS4 and edit it. Really needs to be free if possible. Thanks guys! :-p

-Crater

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
It's too bad you're on Widows 2k and not XP, otherwise we would tell you to use Movie Maker, which is preinstalled with XP. Have you tried searching www.download.com ?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I replied to his other thread, but fraps is what he was needing. once fraps has the recording he can use moviemaker or other thirdparty software to edit the file to his liking.

http://www.fraps.com/