I hope you will be able to help me… again
- last night my pc just freezes, as cursor went blurry and comp reboot itself, but system actually never gets up; it happens a few time – sometimes with beep-beep’s at the start (^%^&^)@>>) , but was able to restart when unplug/plug power at the back.
- As I didn’t want to have a painful weekend, I had checked and ruled out all malware problems, done system repair and updates (all this slowly – as restarting allows me), and finally reinstall ATI.
- However, system still keeps freezing (with very blurry mouse or strange squares) and rebooting – and I have to wait 10-15 min to be able to start it.
- The strangest thing (for me) is that there is only one error on event viewer for all this time, and its for today:
- Event Type: Error
- Event Source: ati2mtag
- Event Category: None
- Event ID: 108
- Date: 28/07/2006
- Time: 17:45:24
- User: N/A
- Computer: DEN-958E95F7B63
- The driver ati2dvag for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.
- For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.
- 0000: 00 00 00 00 03 00 52 00 ......R.
- 0008: 00 00 00 00 6c 00 04 c0 ....l..À
- 0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
- 0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
- 0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
The error 108 on MS web is “improper line syntax” but it doesn’t do me any good as on google there is error 108 for anything, from realplayer to …photosmart.
Would you please advice me what I have to do to sort out this. Right now I am on laptop – and eventually my pc is up and running next to me, so I would be able to act immediately on any suggestion.
Thank you very much.
update: just when I was finishing this post, my pc blacks out, it try to start with beep-beep’s!!! – well I hope I will start it… somehow