Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Build no video! Please help

• Please log in to reply

whitemiguel1981

whitemiguel1981

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok here it goes!

I have three builds going and the same thing across the board. My fans spin but no video.

I have took it to barebone and tried different memory that i know is good differ PSU differ cases for the power switch and alternate mobos that I know are good. I have cleared cmos via the jumpers on all. I dont get any beeps the only things I am connecting are the memory cpu/fan video power switch speaker and of course the PSU. I am having this problem on 3 differ systems and two are new one is used. Intel P4 3.06 ECS mobo--Brand new, Intel Cel-D 2.7 ECS mobo--Brand new, and amd 2000 gigabyte mobo--used all with my radeon 9800 Pro(i have also switched with three other pci slot cards and the 3.06 mobo has onboard I have tried too). I am at a loss I do not know what to do. Oh I have even reapplied thermal grease before the build according to how it states on the artic silver site! and yes the exxtra cards all work i have verified that. I have switched monitors and they both work and the cables work. I also switched between three differ mem cards all differ speeds and they all work. PLEASE HELP

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Not all motherboards come with system speakers. You need to check to see if they need a system case speaker to hear the startup beep. I would check the video cards in a known working system. I had a bad motherboard that killed 2 video cards before i caught on what was happening. Trying the same card in a good computer showed me the problem. I keep a lot of old working cards around just for such problems. A poor power supply could keep the radion 9800 from working right in these new systems that take a lot of amps to run. If nothing seems to work then replace the motherboards. I will not spend more than a hour to get a build to bootup to the bios. At $25/hour any more time and i've bought another MB anyway. I have not had much luck with ECS MB's. I've had to RMA at least a dozen. I stay away from them nowadays. Most gigabytes you should be able to plug in a video card and at least get the bios screen. Many times i try the MB's on a box with minimum hardware just to see if they will boot. If your heatsink isnt right and the processor gets hot too fast they usually wont boot. I will set a floor fan blowing on the processor to see if they will boot even for a second more to tell me that may be the problem. You have to be very careful with heatsinks. I have put them on backwards with the stepdown on the wrong side causing a gap between the cpu and heatsink. This caused instant no boot. I have also crushed the processor trying to put on a difficult heatsink. I will even use a magnifier glass to look for problems in the cpu. Any discoloration at all could mean the cpu is dead(even just a tiny mark in the corner).

SRX660